RideLogic Level 1 Coach Certification
Are you a working mountain bike coach looking to elevate your craft? An aspiring coach looking for the best training? An avid rider looking to learn as much as possible?
Join the growing RideLogic team of well-trained, highly prepared and super-effective coaches. All you need to do is study the lessons on this site then pass an online test. When you pass the test, you'll get a printable certificate — perfect for continuing education credits, deepening your instructional practice, starting your coaching business or just being proud of yourself.
RideLogic is the brainchild of Lee McCormack. Some things about Lee:
- He's the Lee in Lee Likes Bikes.
- Written 11 successful mountain biking books (including Mastering Mountain Bike Skills).
- Wrote the training manual used by the National Interscholastic Cycling Association (NICA) and served as the head trainer for the U.S. high school mountain bike league.
- Has coached more than 8,000 riders of all ages, genders, styles and levels.
- Has trained more than 1,000 mountain bike coaches, both with NICA and with Lee Likes Bikes/RideLogic.
Advantages of RideLogic coach training:
Online. You don't have to travel anywhere or take days away from work and family.
Proven. Lee and his team of RideLogic Master coaches have taught more than 10,000 riders. Our system just plain works.
Simple. Lee uses his background as an information designer to continually refine his approach to MTB instruction. RideLogic is the simplest, easiest to learn, easiest to teach system out there.
Logical. Everything in RideLogic makes sense, from bike setup to body mechanics to riding skills. It's all a cohesive system. The things you teach beginners work just as well for experts — just at a higher level of commitment and speed.
Practical. The other major MTB coach certification program teaches you a bunch of moves and tricks. While this might be fun, we think it's more effective to teach you a system — a way of thinking about riding — that 1) makes you a much better rider and 2) gives you the tools to teach all levels of riders. We believe in teaching you a solid cognitive model — the Grand Unified Theory of Shred — then letting you teach to the level of your students.
Economical. Our program costs significantly less than the other one. It also doesn't force you to spend three full days away from things that are important to you.
Profitable. You can build a coaching practice that provides a very nice living and a professional career doing what you love.
How this works
- Sign up for this course.
- Study and practice all of the bike setup and riding skills lessons. There's a lot here. Take your time.
- When you're ready, take the online test. It's "open book," so don't worry too much. We just want to make sure you understand the system. heck, we'll give you three tries.
- If you need extra help along the way, our Master Coaches are available to provide additional instruction, either in-person or online.
- After you've passed Level 1, we are here to help you grow as a professional. Our team of Master Coaches is available to work with you at an hourly rate, in-person or remotely. If you're committed to becoming a Professional Coach, we will help you on that path.
What you get
- Full access to all of the courses on this site.
- Dial in Your Bike - Pro
- Dial in Your Cockpit - Basic
- Position Yourself for Success
- Brake Better to Go Faster
- Pedal Efficiently and Powerfully
- Cornering 1: Essentials
- Cornering 2: Pumping Turns
- Cornering 3: Ultimate Turning
- Riding Up Things
- Riding Down Things
- Pumping Bumps
- Manuals and Hops
- Learn to Learn
- Ride with Flow (capital F)
- A discounted membership to our mother site, www.llbmtb.com, where our RideLogic bike setup calculators live. We'll send you a discount code after you sign up.
- Participation in our Facebook group.
- Your certification is good for three years. When the time comes, you can re-certify for a small fee.